Sunday, December 14, 2008

Return to Radost - Prague

Just went to Radost again the other day, and I have BIG news! I tried something new! Well, not completely. As usual I got the Garlic Cheese Bread, but I decided to be adventurous and get a different entree. Still a salad, but at least I didn't get the Greek Salad yet again.

This time I was inspired to try Romaine Holiday. Why you ask? Well, my friend Katie tried it and loved it. My friend Abbey tried it and loved. And I love the movie Roman Holiday. So I decided to order it.

It's a little overpriced for a salad (195 Kč), but when you think about it, that really isn't bad. Less than $10 for an enormous salad. Basically the salad is a blend of lettuces (mainly Romaine) in a sharp garlic-Parmesan cheese dressing with croutons and slices of fresh Parmesan that is served on their homemade pizza bread (thin pita that has been covered in olive oil and garlic, and then roasted on a grill).

Essentially it is a Caesar Salad -- but where can you find a good Caesar Salad in the Czech Republic? NO WHERE! This is as close as you are going to get. But it's refreshing and fairly healthy, and the dressing is really delicious.

Yet another fabulous meal and one of my favorite restaurants in Prague!

No comments: