Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brunch and Booze at Radost (plus some Lily) - Prague

I love Radost. That's it. There is really nothing more to say. It's delicious. It's amazing.

After being here for nearly three months, I finally got up early enough on a Sunday morning to go to the infamous brunch at Radost -- Prague's most successful club/vegetarian restaurant.

First of all, let me inform EVERYONE that it isn't a regular vegetarian restaurant. Normally, if someone asked me to join them at a restaurant that didn't serve a) chicken, or b) steak, I'd say no. But the first time that I went to Radost, no one told me that it was a meat-free zone. Without realizing it until my third or fourth visit, I've come to love Radost. In fact, I've ordered take-out from Radost for five out of the past six nights... I always get the same time: the Classic Greek Salad and one FULL order of Garlic Cheese Bread...

Garlic Cheese Bread
Foccacia bread grilled with cheese and garlic-basil butter
half order: 60 Kč
full order: 90 Kč
with vegetables: 100 Kč

Greek Salad
Red and green peppers, cucumbers, olives, and onion, topped with feta cheese served with Greek dressing and pita bread
170 Kč

Order it. Eat it. Love it.

So... any who... my first time for brunch...

Let me give you the back story though. Last night I went out to Harley's with Sam, and our friends Evan and Dina. They were wasted. I was *drum roll* sober. A rare occurrence (if you're reading this mom, disregard what I just said). But they drunkenly decided that we were going to go to Radost for brunch today at 12:30. Well, I woke up at 12:11 after going to bed at 5AM. But, at 12:31, Dina knocked on our door and asked us if we were ready. Ha. After quick showers, we were up and ready. And off to Radost we went. They were hungover. I, I was tired. And there is nothing better than booze to wake you up...

We got there. We ordered. Service was a little slow at first. But it IS the Czech Republic after all. For drinks, I ordered the Sleeping Beauty which is a Mimosa, made with strawberry juice instead of orange juice. AMAZING! And it was only 70 Kč. For brunch, I ordered the Iron Man for 150 Kč. Basically it was just a regular old omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese. It came with a side of AMAZING potatoes though. They were covered in a light sauce that was spicy, but not too spicy. And they didn't have a terrible seasoning that most potatoes in the U.S. have on them. The omelet also came with rye bread and an herbal butter. Bland, but okay. The meal was great though. Everything that I had hoped Radost brunch would be. I mean, it wasn't anything new or exciting, but it was a damn good AMERICAN meal, which is rare in Prague. And I think the fact that I didn't have one Sleeping Beauty, but six, really helped me out. After all that alcohol, the staff also seemed MUCH more attentive and friendly. So yay! But if you ever make it to Prague, GOOO!

And definitely go to Radost FX at night, especially on Friday or Saturday... although I've been on Wednesday and Thursday as well. I mean, it's awesome. Rihanna filmed her music video there for Don't Stop The Music. It's awesome. Although, I love how Rihanna totally uses an old New York City cab in the beginning, but in the background you can see a tram and Vodafone. Go though. It's one of the best clubs in Prague, and for less than 400 Kč you can be wasted, if you just keep ordering Absinthe and Soda (each 90 Kč). I normally pre-game with cheap wine, and if I order at least three, I'm gone. In fact, my friend Mark blacked out after two. They are potent. And amazing.

Little off topic, but I am currently listening to a song from Lily Allen's upcoming album, "It's Not Me, It's You." The track is "Everyone's At It," and I lovvvve it. It's a commentary on the drug culture, and people seem to either love it or hate it. For example, the the world's biggest, and fattest waste of life does not like the song, because he says that the chorus isn't catchy enough. Well, he's fat, and no one cares what he has to say. So, to Lily: I love your song, and the chorus is great in my opinion...

I'm not trying to say that I'm smelling of roses,
But when will we tire of putting shit up our noses?

I don't like staying up, staying up past the sunlight.
It's meant to be fun, and this just doesn't feel right.

Why can't we all, all just be honest,
Admit to ourselves, that everyone's on it.

From grown politicians, to young adolescents,
Prescribing themselves, anti-depressants.

How can we start to tackle the problem, if you don't put your hands up,
And admit that you're on them.

The kids are in danger, they're all getting habits,
Because from what I can see,
Everyone's at it.



INFORMATION:
Address: Bělehradská 120, Praha 2
Phone: +420 603 193 711, +420 224 254 776

Hours: 10:30AM to 3:00PM, 5:00PM to 12:00AM
Location: between Náměstí Míru and I.P. Pavlova
Trams: metro or tram to either Náměstí Míru or I.P. Pavlova

Attire: Casual, but chic.
Payment: Cash.
Price: Drinks are between 100 and 150 Kč, but at brunch, a Mimosa is 70 Kč, a Sleeping Beauty is 70 Kč, and a Bloody Mary is 100 Kč). Most meals are between 100 and 200 Kč, with side dishes between 50 and 80 Kč.

No comments: