Sunday, June 21, 2009

Brunch B: Blue Water Grill

Yes, I know that it has been almost a week since I last posted on my blog. These past few days have been quite hectic, and well, I had absolutely no motivation to sit down and write this post. But here it is...

Last weekend, I finally went to Blue Water Grill for brunch, and had a very enjoyable experience.

With the brunch menu at Blue Water, you receive a complimentary beverage. My selection: the SKYY Bloody Mary. For some reason, I was craving tomato juice with a splash of Vodka and a touch of cracked pepper. Ah, perfection.

My meal selection was boring: Eggs Benedict. Standard, I know. But it is after all my favorite. And since hundreds of men and women have used Eggs Benedict as a cure for a hangover since it first appeared at New York's Waldorf Hotel in 1894, I decided that I too would use it for my hangover.

Like any other Eggs Benedict, it consisted of a half of an English muffin, topped with Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and then covered in a rich Hollandaise sauce. At Blue Water, it was served with a generous portion of home fries, which in my opinion were quite good. Just the right amount of peppers and onions so that they spiced the dish up but didn't take anything away from the potatoes.

Overall, a very nice experience and I would certainly return to the Blue Water Grill again for brunch. Recommendation: sit on the first floor. I felt that the upstairs was a little claustrophobic and removed from the excitement of the restaurant.


Blue Water Grill
31 Union Square West
(at 16th Street)
(212) 675-9500

No comments: